Blog for Jeff, Shelly, and baby Isis Poole

Monday, October 29, 2007

Baby you can drive my car




Well, we were interviewed for an article for the Salt Lake Tribune today. I'll let you know when it is printed. This woman is writing an article on colic and interviewed us about our colicky baby. Of course, Isis is fascinated by new people so she was pretty happy the whole time they were here. That's how it goes.


It turns out that someone is writing a book about colic. He claims it doesn't exist. I'd like to let him watch Isis for a day. The book would never happen.


On the other hand, we are holding her a little tighter these days because a friend of mine at work just had one of her grandbabies die. The baby had all the risk factors for SIDS. He was a twin who was a serious preemie that had been through an awful lot, but he had been home from the NICU for a few weeks and they thought he was doing well. My heart really goes out to their whole family. I can't imagine and don't want to try. Today, I'm thankful for the screaming.

I'm even more thankful for the giggling.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

Shelly - she is so cute. I love to see the smiles and I am glad it is going better.

Julie said...

She is a cutie! The article should be interesting. I bet you are finding that not much of what you read always applies--guess that is why babies don't come with a how-to manual. They are all so different and not any one thing works for all! Just when you think you have it figured out they change! So sad about your friend. I can't think of anything worse than losing a child. Hope you are hearing more giggles than screams soon!!

Nana said...

Dear Shelly,
It is so nice to see Isis smiling. She is really getting big. I hope that I will see her soon before she gets too big.
Love,
Nana