Blog for Jeff, Shelly, and baby Isis Poole

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Back from Thailand

Jeff and I are finally back from Thailand. We had a great time. Here are a couple of our travel pics. Jeff covered in monkeys, Jeff and I at one of the temples in Thailand, at one of the temples in Cambodia, me holding a live python, and Jeff, our friends, and I eating crickets. They were deep fried.
Cambodia was so hot, I thought we were going to die. We took a day and ditched out on the tour and went to the Children's hospital. That was eye-opening.

It was nice to travel with our friends. Plus, a lot of the trip was as part of a very nice tour group. We did, thankfully, have some time on our own and a couple days to relax on our own time on Phuket Island.
We got to ride elephants, take boat trips, eat exotic food, visit Laos, have a suit made, and see a LOT of buddhist temples. Overall, its a trip I recommend. Although the heat in Cambodia would lead me to not recommend going there. You can live like a king in Thailand on the dollar still. The only down side is the long plane flight. I have to admit that we even had western style toilets almost everywhere we went. Now, that's travelling in style!


Now that we're back, we have returned to our role of being awful parents. Isis was absolutely covered in blueberry yesterday. She was pretty mad when we took them away from her. To compound the things we destroyed with blueberry, we gave them to her in the car.




1 comment:

Grandma Joan said...

You guys are crazy!!! but it looks like you had a fun time, snakes and all, yikes!!! Isis was a very good girl while you were gone.. we enjoyed seeing her and Grandma and Papa. The kitchen looks great...